||Additional Secretary (Technical)
||0112 689 372
||0112 689 371|
|| Director ( Technical)
||0113 054 521
|Mrs. Malka Weerasooriya||Project Director (Matara-Katharagama)||041 2222062||041 2222062|
|Mr E.M.S.P.K.Deegala|| Deputy Project Director (Matara-Katharagama)
||0112 431 132||0112 431 132|
Functions of the Division
Carry out preliminary feasibility studies, feasibility studies and environment studies in view of the projects implemented under the Ministry of Transport as well as to hold steering committee and evaluation committee meetings in respect of the relevant studies mentioned.
Currently the following projects are in progress
1. Kurunegala - Habarana New Railway Line
- Surveys are underway to mark the centre-line.
2. Horana - Kottawa New Railway Line
- Feasibulity studies on this 19 km. long railway line are already completed.
3. New Kelani Valley Line from Colombo to Hambanthota
-Studies are underway through several alternative roads and discussions are being held with different relevant parties to decide upon the most appropriate road. Based on the results of the discussions final economic feasibility report and the environment report are to be prepared.
4. Medawachchiya - Trincomalee New Railway Line
- Feasibility studies are already completed.
5. Suitable New Railway network covering Badulla, Bibila, Monaragala, Embilipitiya, Wellawaya, Batticaloa, and Kataragama areas.
- Central Engineering Consultancy Bureau (CECB) is to assign with the carrying out of the pre-feasibility studies.
6. Mahawa - Puttalam New Railway Line
- Pre-feasibility studies of this proposed railway line is completed.