நீங்கள் இங்கே உள்ளீர்கள்:
தேசிய போக்குவரத்து மருத்துவ நிறுவனம்
Progress on the quality of the services rendered by the Institute
- Set of medical regulations was a long felt need of the institution. It was prepared by a committee of Medical Officers adopted by the Board and circulated among all the Medical Officers of NTMI to be followed.
- Introduction of blood sugar tests to all customers in branches instead of random urine tests, which will help to identify diabetic cases easily.
- Laboratory was expanded and introduced No. of new tests to the customers. New lab equipments were purchased to carryout same.
- The Kurunegala Branch was shifted to a convenient location in the centre of the town.
- A manual of Administrative procedure was prepared, adopted by the Board and now in use.
- To get competitive prices when purchasing medicine it was decided to all quotations from registered reputed medical suppliers and purchase medicine through the Tender Board.
- In order to build up a new institutional work culture several seminars were conducted by reputed Lecturers to the staff to inculcate good attitudes.
- A long felt need of the Institute was a professional training for the staff. A programme has been prepared for training of staff in the relevant fields taking in to consideration their competence and knowledge of the subjects. It is also intended to have classes to give employees basic knowledge of English and Tamil languages.
- To ease the congestion at peak hours and for the convenience of our clients we now open the Institute for Medical Examinations at 8.00 a.m. where Medical Officers and employees voluntarily start work at the above time and are released at 4.00 p.m. in the evening.
- Regularization of taking X-Rays in branches so that the Institute could also be benefited with additional income and also cause the least amount of inconvenience to clients.
- A new cadre for the institution was approved by the Board and designations of some staff members at the Head Office and the Branches were changed according to the requirement in the approved carded, taking in to consideration their qualifications and the duties they perform at present.
Activities planned to be implemented in the year 2006
- Introduction of a Computer Data Base System
In order to provide a qualitative and efficient service by our Institute and afford a better and efficient service to the public by exchanging information simultaneously with the department of the Commissioner of Motor Traffic, it has been planned to establish a computer data base to exchange information between our Head Office, Department of Motor Traffic and between Head Office and our branches.
- Amending registration of Motor Vehicle Act
Board suggested amendment to sec. 124 of the RMV Act in order to get more legal authority to consolidate the powers of NTMI. The suggested amendments were approved by Hon. Minister of Railway and Transport and forwarded through Commissioner of Motor Traffic to Legal draftsman to in-corporate proposed amendments to the RMV Act.
- Programme to improve the staff productivity
A performance appraisal scheme was prepared for all categories of employees and list of duties were also given to them. Evaluation of the performance of the employees will be done quarterly based on their duties. Employees were informed of the scheme and several seminars were held by obtaining the services of experts in this subject to further educate the staff. All future increments, promotions, scholarships etc. will be based on the marks obtained at these evaluations.
- Action to modernize Head Office building
As the present building is very congested, insufficient to provide planned out medical services and no room for expansion, Board decided to construct a state of the art new 6 storied building utilizing the valuable bare land at rear of the Institute.
- Co-operate plan of the NTMI
Urgent necessity of a Cooperate Plan was felt by the Board and a committee comprising all sections of employees were appointed and the Cooperate Plan is in the final stages of been drafted.